Neetcode.io - Object Oriented Design Patterns | Courses | Crax

Welcome To Crax.Pro Forum!

Check our new Marketplace at Crax.Shop

Login! SignUp Now!
  • We are in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Palestine. Free Palestine. To learn more visit this Page

• Crax.Pro domain has been taken down!

Alternatives: Craxpro.io | Craxpro.com

Neetcode.io - Object Oriented Design Patterns

Neetcode.io - Object Oriented Design Patterns

LV

mayoufi

Threads
Awards
Credits
4,772©
Cash
0$

MP4 | Video: h264, 1280x720 | Audio: AAC, 44.1 KHz, 2 Ch
Genre: eLearning | Language: English | Duration: 9 Lessons ( 1h 15m ) | Size: 120 MB
Learn & implement common coding design patterns
Design patterns are a way to solve commonly occurring problems in software engineering. They are reusable, tested solutions to certain software design problems. They are not cookie-cutter solutions, and developers using them can tailor them to address the specific problem at hand.

Let's start with a brief overview of the four pillars of object-oriented programming - abstraction, polymorphism, inheritance, and encapsulation (a.k.a. A-P-I-E).

Abstraction - It's about capturing the essence of real-world entities by focusing on their crucial characteristics. Abstraction helps in managing complexity and ensuring a clean design.

Polymorphism - This is the ability of objects to assume various forms and behaviors. It’s the essence of flexibility in OOP and leads us towards certain design principles we’ll touch on shortly.

Inheritance - A mechanism where one class inherits attributes and behaviors from another, fostering code reusability.

Encapsulation - Bundling data and the methods that operate on that data into one unit, it helps in keeping the internal details under wraps and ensures controlled interactions.

The case for design patterns
A-P-I-E is foundational, but the software engineering realm often requires more nuanced solutions. This is where design patterns come into play. They complement A-P-I-E, bridging the gap between basic OOP concepts and complex challenges. Built upon the SOLID design principles, design patterns are like evolved strategies that are tried, tested, and shared by the developer community. Instead of a lengthy walkthrough, just naming a known design pattern can bring everyone on the same page. It streamlines collaboration and boosts efficiency.

Think of it this way: while constructing a building, understanding the basics like bricks, cement, and steel (A-P-I-E in our context) is crucial. But, it's the architectural blueprints and patterns that ensure the building stands tall, is functional, aesthetic, and safe. Similarly, while A-P-I-E sets the groundwork, design patterns are those architectural blueprints for software, ensuring it’s resilient, scalable, and maintainable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom